Halloween is right around the corner. So, as you are selecting Halloween costumes and planning your route, please keep in mind the following safety tips so you and your loved ones can avoid personal injury and automobile accidents:
- Avoid using costumes that have trailing or flammable materials. (See the National Fire Protection Association’s website for other fire prevention tips.)
- When walking in costume, make sure you or your child can see out of any mask well or remove completely in between stops to avoid slipping and falling and to avoid automobile accidents.
- Carry a flashlight and/or use reflective pieces of clothing.
- Always use crosswalks and try to only cross at 4-way stops to avoid traffic.
- Walk in groups with at least one adult in neighborhoods you know and trust.
Goodin Abernathy wishes everyone a safe and Happy Halloween.