Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorneys
Our practice is dedicated to assisting individuals who have been injured by the carelessness or negligence of another. Call for FREE consultation.
Do I Need A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Are you or is an important person in your life suffering from a personal injury and it’s raising a lot of questions – causing a lot of stress and the need to seek help from a personal injury attorney? Where do I get medical treatment and how am I going to pay for it? What about my lost income and mounting bills? What does the law say and how do I protect my legal rights?
Goodin Abernathy’s Indianapolis personal injury lawyers have the experience, capability, and passion to answer those questions and champion your legal interests. We provide you with the individual client attention you deserve. With us, you won’t get lost in the shuffle of a large, mass-marketing Indianapolis personal injury firm.
We understand your injury. Each of our attorneys has handled injury cases ranging from brain traumas, broken bones, amputations, chronic pain to wrongful death. Our attorneys have spoken with or deposed countless doctors and therapists about injury cases. We’ve reviewed medical records and medical bills for personal injury claims, and all this experience positions us to provide you superior legal services.
With our help, many of our cases settle without going to trial. Some personal injury claims need a mediation to resolve, some need a jury trial; Goodin Abernathy’s attorneys handle all methods of resolution with sensitivity to our clients’ interests.
Maybe an insurance company is contacting you or handling your personal injury claim. Does that insurance company have your best interests in mind? Is that trained and biased insurance adjuster going to fight for your legal rights? No, they won’t – but Goodin Abernathy will. Put us on your side early on and don’t put up with mistreatment from the insurance company.
If your case needs to go to trial, Goodin Abernathy handles the litigation. We hire experts; we depose witnesses; we collect records and create exhibits. Not every personal injury case is the same, and our attorneys spend the time necessary to pull out details and develop the best litigation strategies for your personal injury case.
The legal responsibility for compensating people who have been injured in an accident, at work, or in other ways is developed by case law and statutes. Contact Goodin Abernathy and one of our attorneys will give you an overview of the law affecting your claim. We’ll listen to your concerns and describe practical options for you. Schedule your free consultation today.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, an Indianapolis personal injury lawyer can assist you in seeking compensation for your damages. An experienced attorney can help guide you through the legal process, protect your best interests, and ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. Below are some ways that an Indianapolis personal injury attorney can be of assistance:
- Assess the viability of your case: A lawyer can review the details of your accident and determine whether you have a valid case. They can explain your legal rights and provide you with information on the statute of limitations, which is usually two years in the state of Indiana.
- Collect evidence and interview witnesses: An attorney can conduct an investigation into the incident, gather evidence, and interview witnesses in order to develop a strong case on your behalf. This may involve obtaining medical records, police reports, and other forms of documentation.
- Estimate the value of your claim: A knowledgeable lawyer can help you understand the potential worth of your claim, which could include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, physical pain and emotional suffering, and other related expenses.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies frequently aim to pay out as little as possible on claims. An attorney can handle negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf and seek a reasonable settlement for your injuries.
- File a lawsuit: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, an attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court. A skilled trial lawyer can argue your case in front of a jury and seek a favorable verdict.
- Provide legal advice and personal support: The aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming, but an attorney can provide you with legal advice and personal support. They can assist you in seeking medical attention, dealing with insurance companies, and managing other aspects of your case.
Our law firm is dedicated to supporting our clients in pursuing justice and obtaining the compensation they deserve. Our experienced Indianapolis personal injury attorneys have represented many clients in various types of cases, including wrongful death claims, catastrophic injuries, and serious personal injuries. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing upfront and only pay if we recover damages on your behalf. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation and learn how we can assist you.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our law firm has extensive experience handling a wide range of cases, and our skilled attorneys have represented clients in various circumstances. Below are some of the types of personal injury cases that we handle:
- Jail & Prison Injuries: Injuries that occur while in jail or prison can be challenging to navigate. Our attorneys can help you seek compensation for your injuries and hold the responsible parties accountable.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice can result in serious injuries and even death. Our lawyers have experience representing clients in medical malpractice cases and can help you seek justice and compensation for your injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are often more vulnerable to accidents due to their lack of protection.
- Premises Liability: If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Slip & Fall Claims: Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries, particularly for the elderly.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Spinal cord injuries can result in lifelong disabilities. Our lawyers have experience representing clients in spinal cord injury cases and can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
- TBI – Brain Injury: Traumatic brain injuries can result in long-term cognitive and emotional issues. Our attorneys can help you seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other related expenses if you have suffered a traumatic brain injury.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries due to the size and weight of commercial trucks. Our attorneys have experience representing clients in truck accident cases and can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
- Vaccines: While vaccines are designed to protect us, they can sometimes cause injuries. Our personal injury attorneys can help you seek compensation if you have suffered a vaccine injury.
- Workers Compensation: If you have been injured on the job, our attorneys can help you seek workers’ compensation benefits. We have experience representing clients in all types of workplace injury cases, including construction accidents and repetitive motion injuries.
- Wrongful Death Attorney: Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is a difficult experience.
- Amputation Accidents: Losing a limb can be life-altering, and our personal injury lawyers can help you seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering if you have been involved in an amputation accident.
- Bike Accidents: Bicyclists are particularly vulnerable on the road, and accidents involving bikes can result in serious injuries. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing clients in bike accidents, and we can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
- Birth Injury: If your child has suffered a birth injury due to medical malpractice, our personal injury lawyers can help you seek justice and compensation for your child’s injuries.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents can happen suddenly and result in serious injuries. Our attorneys have successfully represented clients in all types of car accidents, including those involving drunk or impaired drivers.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites can be dangerous, and accidents can result in serious injuries or even death. Our attorneys have experience representing clients in construction accident cases.
- Dog Bites: Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatizing experience. Our personal injury lawyers can help you seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering if you have been bitten by a dog.
- Injured by Drunk or Impaired Driver: If you have been injured in an accident caused by a drunk or impaired driver, our attorneys can help you seek compensation for your injuries and hold the responsible party accountable.
Compensable Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you have been injured in an accident due to another person’s negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your damages. There are a range of compensable damages that may be available to you through a personal injury lawsuit, both economic and non-economic in nature. Here are some examples of the types of damages that may be compensable in a lawsuit:
- Medical Expenses: The cost of medical treatment, including hospital stays, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and other related expenses may be compensable in a lawsuit.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, both past and future.
- Property Damage: If the accident resulted in damage to your property, such as your car or personal belongings, you may be eligible for compensation to cover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages, such as physical pain and emotional distress, may also be compensable in a lawsuit.
- Emotional Distress: If the accident has caused you to suffer from emotional distress, such as anxiety or depression, you may be entitled to compensation for these damages.
- Loss of Consortium: If the accident has impacted your ability to maintain a relationship with a spouse or partner, you may be eligible for compensation for loss of consortium.
- Punitive Damages: In certain situations, punitive damages may be awarded in a personal injury lawsuit. Punitive damages are intended to punish the responsible party for their actions and discourage similar behavior in the future.
Get in Contact with a Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorney Today!
At our law firm, our experienced personal injury attorneys can guide you through the process and ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. If you have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, please contact us today to arrange a free consultation and discover how we can assist you in seeking justice and recovering the compensation you deserve.
Attorneys with a Focus on Personal Injury